Taking Your First Step
Towards Better Vision
IS LASIK FOR YOU?
LASIK is one of the most popular methods for near-permanent vision improvement because of its minimal downtime and quick recovery period. Since it was first approved in 1999, LASIK has been regarded as a safe and successful method of vision correction.
LASIK surgery has also advanced steadily over the years; the technology used to measure your refractive error prior to surgery has become advanced and corrections can be optimised to your needs.
You will be Eligible for LASIK if you:
- Are at least 18 years old.
- Have had a stable vision prescription for at least 1 year.
- Are in good general health.
- Have no existing eye diseases (eg. cataract, glaucoma, diabetic eyes, retina problem).
- Have sufficient corneal thickness.
- Are not pregnant. You can, however, proceed with LASIK 2 months after delivery.
Possible Risks & Side Effects
Temporary side effects do occur after LASIK, although uncommon. The most common temporary side effect you may experience is dry eyes. This may last a couple of months after the surgery.
Another common temporary side effect is night vision problems, which manifest as haloes, starbursts and glares lasting between 9 and 12 months. The risk of infection after surgery is also possible, though generally low – 1 in 10,000 people. In unlikely instances of infection, seek immediate treatment as delayed treatment may lead to vision loss.
SCHEDULE AN APPOINTMENT
LOCATE US AT PARAGON
Monday to Saturday: 9am to 6pm
Sunday & PH: Closed