Taking Your First Step
Towards Better Vision
IS LASIK FOR YOU?
LASIK is one of the most popular methods for near-permanent vision improvement because of its minimal downtime and quick recovery period. Since it was first approved in 1999, LASIK has been regarded as a safe and successful method of vision correction.
LASIK surgery has also advanced steadily over the years; the technology used to measure your refractive error prior to surgery has become advanced and corrections can be optimised to your needs.
You will be Eligible for LASIK if you:
- Are at least 18 years old.
- Have had a stable vision prescription for at least 1 year.
- Are in good general health.
- Have no existing eye diseases (eg. cataract, glaucoma, diabetic eyes, retina problem).
- Have sufficient corneal thickness.
- Are not pregnant. You can, however, proceed with LASIK 2 months after delivery.
Possible Risks & Side Effects
Temporary side effects do occur after LASIK, although uncommon. The most common temporary side effect you may experience is dry eyes. This may last a couple of months after the surgery.
Another common temporary side effect is night vision problems, which manifest as haloes, starbursts and glares lasting between 9 and 12 months. The risk of infection after surgery is also possible, though generally low – 1 in 10,000 people. In unlikely instances of infection, seek immediate treatment as delayed treatment may lead to vision loss.
VIRTUAL CLINIC TOUR
SCHEDULE AN APPOINTMENT
LOCATE US AT PARAGON
Monday to Saturday: 9am to 6pm
Sunday & PH: Closed